Instinct.Berlin is returning in September 2017 and will be named: You and Me and Something in Between
Vernissage: Thursday, September 07, 6 pm
- Friday Friday 8th to Sunday 10th September / 2 pm to 8 pm
- Artist talks: Saturday 9th September / 4 pm and 7 pm
- Finissage: Sunday 10th September / 6 pm
Private viewing on appointment until 21st September – 0174 33 255 33
The theme will focus on the mutual interactions (social, affective, sexual, etc.) between individuals and their environment.
In the exhibition, we investigate how we (re)act because of the influence of our social environment. It questions how we manipulate our environment with the intention to build one´s own place in society with newly developed or already existing codes and practices.
Instinct.Berlin is an experimental and collective art project focused on discussing ideas of the male/masculinities as a physical, social and political construct in contemporary society as seen from an open spectrum of perspectives. Instinct.Berlin is a bi-annual art exhibition and residency program which feeds a network linking artists internationally and brings together young as well as more experienced artists.
Curated by Eric LeRouge, Instinct.Berlin #4 features 9 artists from a variety of disciplines, including photography, drawing, painting, and collage:
- Amer Mohamad_Photography
- Markues (Berlin)_Mixed Media
- Mathias Vef (Berlin)_Photography
- Nicola Napoli (Berlin)_Illustration
- Rafael Medina (Brazil)_Photography
- Rodolphe Kollagen (Berlin)_Mixed Media
- Ton of Holland (Amsterdam)_Collage
- Tony Just (Berlin)_Painting
- Victor Luque (Berlin)_Photography
In addition, Instinct will also feature artist talks, allowing the audience to delve deeper into the work of the artists. The talks will take place on Saturday 9th at 4 pm and 7 pm. Both events will give the opportunity for visitors to engage with the artists